History of Beckwith Iron and Steel
1930 Our history in the foundry industry dates back to when Alan Beckwith became a trade moulder.
1960 Alan Beckwith formed his own business to supply cores and moulds to the foundry industry. From small beginnings the company has now grown into a large diverse company supplying and manufacturing foundry products.
1992 Alan Beckwith and Co acquired A & D McMillan, designers and manufactures of the range of MACBRO sand mills, shell moulding machines and shell core equipment.
1995 the business further expanded by acquiring the modern foundry Dawn Tools and local well known Graham Petterson Patterns shop. The pattern shop was equipped to produce patterns, core boxes and other tooling to meet not only the foundry requirements but also to take on other outside work in the foundry, toolmaking and vacuum forming industries.
1996 further expansion occurred with the acquisition of a resin coated sands facility, from Abel Lemon supplying and supporting foundries throughout Australia and for export into Asia and New Zealand, and again .
1998 with the installation of a Thermal Reclamation Plant, to service both in-house requirements and support the Australasian foundry industry.
2000 Acquired Gatic Non-Ferrous Geelong Foundry.
2003 Acquired KSB Ajax Kyneton Foundry.
2013 Acquired – Northern Amalgamated Foundry (Campbellfield) from Keith Kean who retired from business.
2015 Terry Beckwith acquired the well-known (previous Flowserve / Davies Baird / Quality Castings / Casting Victoria) massive 12 acre industrial site at 184-204 Newlands Rd Coburg North securing the long term future of the family name as Beckwith Iron and Steel.